Did you notice that chronic and severe stress levels are becoming the norm for society? Many of us are so used to their stress that we do not notice it until it begins to significantly affect our health.
Meditation is an essential practice that will help you to recognize when you’re feeling stressed as well as give you the tools you need to overcome and remove these feelings.
How Meditation Works
Meditation teaches you to practice focused attention and concentration in order to bring about peace and tranquility. It is a mindfulness exercise that requires you to learn how to identify thoughts and feelings on a deeper level. This helps you to become in tune with your body so that you can recognize what you’re feeling while you’re feeling it and understand what it means.
Meditation is best done in a quiet place where there are little to no distractions. To get started, find a place where you feel at ease like your bedroom, living room, the library, the park, or the beach. The key is to choose a location that is soothing to you.
Usually during meditation practitioners focus on a prayer or mantra that helps them to welcome calm energy. Adding deep yoga breathing and tranquil thoughts while sitting in an upright posture that encourages clear thinking and easy breathing helps tremendously.
If you are focusing on stressful thoughts and memories, you will notice that your body is tensed. Your shoulders may be up to your neck, your back tight, your fists clenched, and your toes curled. Let these thoughts go and notice your body begin to relax. Through meditation, you will be able to become more in tune with yourself.
Why start meditating?
Mindful meditation will help you in many different ways:
- boost your energy levels all day every day
- help you find inner peace
- reduce stress to manageable levels in your work and private life
- increase your mind and body awareness
- boost your ability to focus and concentrate in your job
- improve your sleep quality and being able to fall asleep faster
- improve your quality of life and well being
- strengthen your immunity so you get ill less and less
- reduce chronic pain
- lower blood pressure
- will help your heart to stay healthy
- support you on your weight management journey
- improve your cognitive flexibility and help you become more creative
- boost your memory
- reduce depression and help you get a more positive outlook on life
- can also support you dealing with anxiety
- all in all it will help you greatly to enjoy your life at a deeper level!
With so many wonderful gifts meditation can give you, there is no reason to wait another day before starting your practice.
Do you need help getting started with meditation? Ask your corporate yoga instructor to create a joyful meditation for your next corporate yoga class!
Let us help you set up an awesome company yoga program for your organization. Feel free to give us a call at 314-630-1677 and we will be happy to assist you to find the very best wellness program for your special company and employee needs!